09 March 2011

Platypus and Bear: From New York to Oregon!

Goodbye to Gigi!
Making the most of goodies in fridge....
First morning on the road, somewhere they have a Super KMart and a Walmart.
Welcome to Ohio!
Desperate times!
Hey! We're here, too!
Because if you don't share, you're going in the roof box!
Travel is stimulating.
And occasionally spooky
View from Iowa room. Note lights that shone on building all night to lure moths.
I have to go.
I know, but I really have to go, again....
Cirque du MeleƩ!
Um, somewhere....
This is MY side!!!
Oma is on speakerphone.
Friendly, albeit blurry,  hosts in Boulder.
Breakfast crew. Christy had a 7am appointment.
Happiest pancake in the world!
Beautiful, intelligent (got me Google maps directions when I was lost on I-76), AND useful. Koolio is, too, but I don't have evidence recorded in my phone. Just believe me.
Latte with extra shot and choice tunes,: La Bella Vita!
Uh.... Northern Colorado? Wyoming?
Wyoming
Wyoming
Used bookstore art by owner.
Prize sent to someone somewhere.
Um... Utah? Or more Wyoming....
I catch a few winks while Bear drives. Platypus took the photo.
Part of the mayhem between Park City and Salt Lake. Big rigs slippin', family cars w/o 4wd or chains spinning in place. Even better downhill. Don't they have road crews in Utah?
Why I kept driving past Wendover that night.
Elko? Winnemucca? Anyhow, desperation, again.
Attitude.
Not bad. Not bad at all.
Um... Nevada?
Oregon?
We love California!
Cutting-up at the Klamath Wildlife Refuge HQ
Ready to take on all ornithologists.
Ashland!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Oregon!